Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: NYX Powder Blush in "Summer Peach"





I got my NYX blush from the NYX store at SM Annex a few days ago. As I promised, here is a review of the gorgeous blush! :)

Originally, I was planning to get "Pinched" because a lot of make up bloggers said that it is the closest dupe to NARS' "Orgasm". Sadly, it was out of stock so I got "Summer Peach" instead. "Orgasm" is a beautiful peachy-pink shade with a lot of gold shimmer. "Summer Peach" is also a peachy-pink shade but a bit more on the peachier side. It also has gold shimmer but it's not as noticeable as "Orgasm" when applied on the skin. Nevertheless, it's still a gorgeous pink shade that gives a natural fresh look.

*Under natural light
Left: NARS Orgasm Right: NYX Summer Peach

*Indoors with flash


As you can see from the swatches above, "Summer Peach" is a bit lighter compared to "Orgasm" and the gold shimmers are not as significant. 

PACKAGING: It comes in a plastic flip-top case and it seems sturdy enough. (I don't know to describe it HAHA!)
PRICE: 390.00PHP
WHERE TO BUY: NYX Cosmetics, SM North Annex, Ground flr. 

VERDICT: 5/5

Will I buy it again? Most definitely! Though I think that this will last me a long time because it has so much product in it. I still plan on buying "Pinched" when they have new stocks already. I actually like it better than "Orgasm" because it gives a more natural peachy-pink look and the price tag doesn't hurt my wallet! :)) I think that's the factor that won me over the most. HAHA! 

Below are some pictures of the look I created using "Summer Peach":


*Without Flash



*With Flash



OTHER PRODUCTS USED TO CREATE THIS LOOK:

  • Revlon Liquid Foundation
  • Covergirl Concealer
  • Body Shop Honey Bronzer
  • E.L.F Eyebrow Kit
  • Urban Decay NAKED Basics 
  • Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp
  • NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Natural
  • Nichido 24hr. Tattoo Effect Eyeliner Pen


Please do leave a comment below! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top