Tuesday, January 14, 2014

365 Grateful Project: Day 7 // Happy Monday

Yes I know, I skipped the weekend. I was too busy doing nothing. Kidding! I wasn't able to take pics because I started working on the 2nd Draft for my special project (thesis) paper and I also had an Avatar: The Last Airbender Marathon. Avatar is one of my favorite cartoons of all time that is why I'm going to watch it all over again starting from Book 1: Air. I should probably write about that once I'm done with all 3 seasons. Legend of Korra still did not top my love for the original series. Okay, enough of that. 


L-R: Miguel, Ruben, Jericho & Anjaneth

Every monday, our CWTS/NSTP2 Class goes to the Orione Foundation in Payatas to teach little kids to play musical instruments. We divided our group into two, one group is in charge of piano and the other one is for guitar. I am assigned to teach guitar but for this session, one of our documentary people was absent so I was asked to take picture. Good thing I always have my camera in my bag! It's really a hassle to wake up very early every monday because my body is already used to my messed up sleeping cycle, but waking up for these kids who are eager to learn is worth it. They're fast learners! Praise God :) We thought we would have a hard  time teaching them. Most of them are in Grade 5, if I'm not mistaken, and they're doing really great so far. When I was in Grade 5, the only instrument I knew how to play was the recorder and I learned how to play the guitar when I was in 1st Year Highschool. Daig pa nila ako! Haha! These kids are really great and not to mention, they're behaved too as you can see in the picture above. 


Since, I wasn't able to post anything over the weekend, here's an additional pic of something I was really thankful for:

Magic Wok's Lechon Kangkong (92php)

After our class at Payatas, Fritz and I met up and we went to Trinoma. We had lunch at Food Choice and this is my new favorite. I've been ordering this eversince Fritz introduced this dish to me last November. You really get your money's worth for this dish. If you love lechon kawali, you're going to love this. It's basically lechon kawali topped with kangkong and special sauce served in a bowl of rice (plain or fried). I don't know what the sauce is made of but it really goes well with the dish. It's salty with a little sweetness, I think it's actually soy-based. We really couldn't tell what it was but, trust me!! It's delicious. Looking at the picture makes me hungryyy!! *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top